The Seventh International Symposium on Radiative Transfer will be held in Kusadasi, a resort town on the Aegean Coast of Turkey near the metropolitan city, Izmir. Radiation 2013 is built on the success of five previous meetings held in Kusadasi, 1995, 1997, in Antalya, 2001, in Istanbul, 2004, in Bodrum, 2007 and in Antalya, 2010. As before, the main objective of the Symposium is to bring together scientists and engineers involved in radiative transfer research and to provide a relaxed atmosphere for in-depth discussion of theory, experiments, and applications.
This meeting will honor Professors Yildiz Bayazitoglu, Gilles Flamant, and Shigenao Maruyama who have made significant contributions to the field of Radiation Transfer and the international technical community.
A wide range of topics related to classical and emerging areas of radiative transfer and their applications will be covered, including:
- Novel numerical, analytical and hybrid techniques for the solution of radiation transfer equation in multidimensional and complex geometries.
- Radiative transfer in optically complex media (anisotropic properties, graded index, etc.)
- Advanced radiative transfer models for industrial and combustion system including furnaces, IC engines, gas turbines.
- Radiative properties of gases, particles, agglomerates and non-homogenous structures;
- Interaction of radiation with conduction, convection, turbulence, chemical kinetics, and soot formation.
- Inverse solution techniques in radiation applications.
- Innovative application of radiative transfer for improved manufacturing processes.
- Fundamentals and applications of radiative transfer to remote sensing.
- Radiative transfer in atmospheres and oceans.
- Biomedical applications of radiation transfer
- Nano- and micro-scale radiative transfer.
- Radiative transfer-based diagnostic systems.