EcoLab (in French: Laboratoire Ecologie fonctionnelle et Environnement) is a joined research unit from the CNRS, the University Paul Sabatier of Toulouse III and the National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse. The five teams (around 150 people) of EcoLab cover a wide range of topics, from the biogeochemical cycle of elements through ecotoxicology, population dynamics and stress response as well as pollutant transfer and modelling.
Themes and sessions articulated around three main topics:
- Biogeochemistry and Health
- Biogeochemistry and ecotoxicology (water, living organisms)
- Spatial and temporal geochemical records of pollution including catchment studies (trace elements, isotopes, monitoring)
Special sessions (more to be announced):
- Mercury in the environment
- Bioaccessibility of pollutants in soils and vegetables