- Early bird registration3 November 2017
- Standard registration22 December 2017
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to gas chromatography and GC-MS. The course will cover thewhat, why, where, when and how of GC & GC-MS.
- What is a GC or GC-MS?
- Why would you use them? How would they help solve your problems and what answers could they give?
- When would you use them? What types of analytes and samples can you use them for?
- How would you use them? How do they work and what is available?
- Where would you use them? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definition of gas chromatography
- You will learn the principles and components of the gas chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of GC-MS
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of gas chromatography, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales and would like to improve your knowledge in this area, then this is the course for you.
This 1-day course is ideal either as stand-alone or prior to attending the Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS, Complete GC & GC-MS orComplete Hands-on GC & GC-MS courses.
Course Venue: Varied, please see individual dates for details
Number of days: 1
Price: �199 plus 20% VAT
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 1-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 1-day course (valid student ID card required), if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 15% for this 1-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course