- Early bird registration24 July 2017
- Standard registration18 September 2017
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The 5-day Complete GC & GC-MS course is built from the 3-day Practical Essentials of GC & GC-MS and the 2-day GC & GC-MS Clinic courses to provide a complete training solution enabling you to understand your Gas Chromatograph or GC-MS instrument, develop applications, troubleshoot & maintain it.
This course covers all the practical theory you need to know about Gas Chromatography and its related techniques including gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; gases and plumbing; sample introduction like split, splitless, on-column and large volume injection techniques; data analysis; and sampling techniques like headspace, SPME, pyrolysis, thermal desorption, purge & trap, liquid-liquid and solid-phase extraction.
It also looks at how to choose the GC & GC-MS techniques for an application, set-up the instrument, how to develop & optimise methods and then finally how to maintain & troubleshoot the instrument, techniques and method. It also takes a brief look at advanced techniques to help solve those very tricky applications including Selective Discrimination, Deconvolution, Two-Dimensional GC (GC GC & GCxGC) and Chemometrics.
This 5-day course is Recognised by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development. Members of the RSC will receive a 15% discount on this course if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- You will learn the importance of good chromatography
- You will learn how to select and use the GC carrier gas
- You will learn about various injection techniques and when to use each
- You will learn how to select a GC column
- You will learn the operation and selection of an appropriate GC detector
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn how to undertake data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn strategies for method development
- You will get an introduction to GC & MS advanced techniques
- You will recognise areas requiring maintenance on the instrument
- You will learn the logical steps of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
The Complete GC & GC-MS course is for those who have basic knowledge of gas chromatography and would like to greatly enhance it, learning the practical theory about all available GC & GC-MS techniques.