- Early bird registration3 April 2017
- Standard registration29 May 2017
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
The two-day Comprehensive GC-MS Hardware Training course introduces the fundamental theory of quadrupole GC-MS along with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Agilent SQ MS.
This course includes an introduction to quadrupole mass spectrometry; the vacuum system; ionisation including EI and CI; the quadrupole mass filter; and the detector. The course will train the operator to perform the maintenance required to ensure the smooth running of the instrument including ion source cleaning, filament replacement, detector replacement and vacuum system maintenance.
The course also discusses the principles of troubleshooting by examining the effects of faults in the system on the chromatographic output. This course includes an introduction to troubleshooting and maintenance focusing on leaks, tunes & diagnostics, GC considerations, vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter and MS detector.
It combines a mixture of classroom based presentations with hands-on hardware lab exercises, to give you comprehensive training.
- You will learn the theory & principles of mass spectrometry focusing on the quadrupole GC-MS
- You will become familiar with the Agilent single quadropole Mass Spectrometer instrumentation learning about the function & operation of individual components
- You will gain experience of adjusting the important MS parameters
- You will gain practical experience of performing maintenance of each MS component including vacuum system, ion source, quadrupole mass filter & detector
- You will learn the strategies and gain practical experience of instrument troubleshooting
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily for analysts and technicians responsible for the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Agilent quadrupole mass spectrometers. Please note that while the hands on training will take place on an Agilent 5975 or 5973 MSD the course is suitable for all models of Agilent single quadropole MSD.