What is Introduction to Oncology and Cancer Treatment?
Introduction to Oncology and Its Treatment is a two-day, rapid and
progressive face-to-face training programme. Led by specialist
physicians delegates are provided with a comprehensive overview of
Oncology. This course equips attendees with the knowledge to discuss
Oncology and Cancer treatment confidently and credibly.
Introduction to Oncology and Cancer Treatment provides an
introductory overview of the terminology and classification of cancer
and the principle issues in treating various cancers. The course is led
by respected clinical experts who will discuss overall patient
presentation, management, diagnosis and staging of a range of major
tumours. The issues of oncology trials will be discussed. Group
discussion and question and answer sessions are integral to the course.
This oncology programme is aimed specifically at the pharmaceutical,
medical technology and biotechnology and associated healthcare
What does this oncology training course include?
- A review of commonly available anti-cancer drugs with emphasis on
mode of action, dose intensity and chemotherapy regimes with particular
focus on Immunotherapies
- The treatment of major tumour types: breast, lung, upper gastrointestinal (GI), colorectal, prostate, ovarian and melanoma. Each session is presented by clinicians active in these areas.
Following each session our experts will lead delegates in interactive
group discussion on the key issues relating to effective management of
each tumour type
- New drug development and identification
- New pharmacological targets of particular interest and value.
- Clinical trial design issues are also included.
Topics included in this oncology training:
- Cancer: terminology and classification
- Clinical trial issues in oncology
- Introduction to treatment and management of cancer
- New developments in cancer therapy
- Introduction to the major tumour types including; breast, lung,
upper gastrointestinal (GI), colorectal, prostate, ovarian and melanoma
Dr David Chao, Consultant in Medical Oncology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Dr Mark Harrison, Clinical Oncologist, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, London, UK
Dr Rob Hughes, Consultant Oncologist, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre, Northwood, London, UK
Dr David Miles, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Mount Vernon Hospital, Northwood, London, UK
Dr Marianne Nicolson, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, UK
Professor Jaap Verweij, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands