Scientific chairs: Dr. Amanda Morris (Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech) and Prof. Maria Abrahamsson (Associate Professor, Chalmers University of Technology).
The conference will focus on the frontiers (or cutting-edge) of research in the photochemical sciences. Topics to be discussed are:
- Photon Fusion/Singlet Fission
- Energy Transfer within Metal Organic Frameworks
- Photo-acids/photo-bases and photo-proton transport
Scientists working in the broad field of photochemical sciences will be interested in the conference. This may include those from academia, national laboratories, research institutes, and/or related industries. We expect a good mix of both young, emerging chemists and established leaders in the field. Additionally, efforts will be undertaken to provide representation across Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Introduce the newest advances (discovery, approaches, etc) in the field of photochemistry through presentations (oral and poster) and lively discussion.
- Develop a deeper understanding of photochemical principles, current research challenges, and the future of the field.
- Provide an environment for cross-talk between photochemical disciplines and to promote collaborations.